http://freeafricatrip.com/?fbid=v5IirJtWtjF lamb alive: rage against the ________



 

lamb alive

It's really all about JESUS. I'm going to make every effort to wave HIS flag here, not mine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

rage against the ________

(from my new blog at: http://lambykins.townhall.com )

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:28 PM

rage against the ________

The Town Hall is where you go to rant, yes? I marvel. The good 'ole U.S. of A. is where civilization survives, no? Well, you say. Well I hope to say too. Well we should define some terms. That is, after all we have said and done, what we should have done before we had said and done it. For "what we have here is a failure to communicate."

I was over thirty when I discovered that the words coming out of my mouth were habitual, and I often had no idea of what those parroted sounds really meant. I got a dictionary, and a Bible concordance because that Book of all, needs to be understood. I don't want to sound like Mr. Know It All, but I really do know a lot more at 57 than I did at 30 something.

I don't really like to say it, because I like to do it, and to write it, but talk is cheap. It costs one very little to open mouth, gears engaged or not. The wise are said to be those who are able to, and often do, say nothing. But for the rest of us (6.62 billion), our wisdom will be found when we are able to be understood as wise.

As a former conservative, and before that a former liberal, and before that a child, I find conservatives more able communicators. Liberals (liberal being a prime example of a misused term) are less able. But it is on purpose, I think. Arch libs are studied in propaganda. They do much of their communicating through the arts, particularly through music and music videos. They create genres of : "feelings". Can you hear Barbara Streisand singing: "feelings"? And this is how they gain their masses following. But this is not news.

One man with a dream, at pleasure,
Shall go forth and conquer a crown;
And three with a new song's measure
Can trample and empire down.
~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Odd that a lamb should speak of it, yet people are herd animals. They follow another more easily than they are able to lead. And they are as easily led by a song, a song writer that is, than by say, Joe Liebermann. Not better led, just as easily, if not more easily. So I wonder why the conservatives have so much trouble staying in the lead. Could it be their song writers are less talented? I don't think that is their problem.

The problem for conservatives is to "sell" integrity. Not their own integrity, but integrity itself. For this thing integrity, which men do lack the most, has the least appealing process of attainment of any virtue. If it is not altogether difficult enough to interest most men in any virtue. Yet the presence of integrity in a man will do more to silence the rant, and begin dialog than all other virtues. Or it will cause to flee.

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

So dear reader, ends the maiden voyage of my Town Hall Blog. I wonder if you will flee or stand? I have flown many times. But as I age, and as the season for harvest draws nearer, my own pride and all my cowardice seem a trifle to knowing the right thing from the wrong. Not the right from the left, anymore. There is precious little satisfaction in that. It is too easy a discernment, red being an altogether different blue. I want to know right from wrong: not just as an intellectual pursuit, nor as an entrance into political acceptance, but as a worldview, a lifestyle. And as a habit, I desire to learn and do the right, and having done all, to stand.

Yours and His, Lambsev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home