http://freeafricatrip.com/?fbid=v5IirJtWtjF lamb alive: Untouchable?



 

lamb alive

It's really all about JESUS. I'm going to make every effort to wave HIS flag here, not mine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Untouchable?

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Satan could find nothing in Jesus Until the final Day of Judgment, those who are the Lord’s remain vulnerable to sin by the presence of their unredeemable flesh. 1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. There will come a necessary change that we must receive to become immortals in God’s Kingdom. But until then we are dwelling in earthen vessels. The devil seeks to destroy us, and to discredit our testimony before God and man. Satan’s advantage over us comes through our sin. Satan has trapped many a Christian in sin. 2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. Nonetheless, we are able to be “untouchables”, immune from Satan’s grasp, even from his fiery darts. By faith and by repentance, by removing our whole heart, mind soul and strength from the practice of sin, Satan cannot touch us. 1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. The unrepentant, those who practice sin are able to be touched by Satan. Hear the sensibility of the Lord’s call to repent. Please read Isaiah 1:16-20. John the Baptist and the Apostles echo this call to repent. Without repentance can we be born of God? The answer must be no. What is repentance? Many have defined it and defined it well. For me, this is repentance:

1) Having understood the Gospel of Christ I see and acknowledge myself a sinner and I see my particular sins.
2) I confess them to God and ask for forgiveness by the sacrifice and blood of Jesus.
3) I continue in self examination as often as possible, asking forgiveness of the Father when I fall.
4) I seek not self improvement, but to be filled with the Holy Spirit for all His fruits to be born in me.
5) I study the scriptures for the renewing of my mind, for a knowledge of the Holy, and for a fear of God.
6) I keep the two great commandments in the forefront of my mind, and love God obediently, and my neighbor as my self.
7) I seek God’s will, that I might know the good works he has ordained for me to do, and do them.
8) I accept the chastening that the Father gives me as a necessary and true blessing, even when it seems painful.
9) I cultivate an attitude of thankfulness and humility in self denial, knowing that my life in the body will end, and I will answer to God for what I have said and done.
10) I seek to discover God’s pleasure and to be pleasing to Him, not in flattery, but in sincerity according to His Will and Way in the Lord Jesus Christ.


John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them,
This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

copyright © 2007 by David Severy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home