http://freeafricatrip.com/?fbid=v5IirJtWtjF lamb alive: Two



 

lamb alive

It's really all about JESUS. I'm going to make every effort to wave HIS flag here, not mine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

Two

from January 12th this year:

Dear Ones,

A remarkable morning, today. I was up early and thinking about reading the Bible and heard one word: Ruth. ! So I prayed. This morning I prayed not to glean (even though Ruth did glean), but to harvest, to reap down some inspiration from God from the book of Ruth. My prayer was answered. ! As I read I began to notice various things from the New Testament. Bethlehem, famine, harvest and harvesting (reaping), grace and favor, and of course, redemption. But at some point Ch 3 verse 3 just popped out with this (to me a) huge blessing:

In the simple first instructions Naomi gives Ruth, she tells her to wash herself, to annoint herself, and to dress in her best garments. The parallel jumped out at me, surely the answer to my prayer. Washing suggests repentance and baptism; annointing the filling of the Holy Spirit, and dressing in her best parallels our agape motivated good works which cloth us in white (Rev 3:5; 4:4; 7:9). This was the harvest of a blessing to me. ! It pre- figures the very preparation that we undergo before the consumation of our heavenly redemption.

blessing shared = 2x the blessing !!!!!!!!!!

Yours and His, with agape, Dave
copyright © d.b.severy 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home